Thursday, September 23, 2010

Project 1 Collages

My project is based on, of course the New York skyline with a slightly starry night. I used Saturn and the shooting star to help show dimensions along with the clouds. I also used the ripple effect on New York’s reflection to reveal some life and authenticity, but at the same time give New York kind of a "pop-up" look. I put the second moon by free transforming the first; in what I wanted to be a pieces sign but decided against it. I also added a few stars to the, what was once a bland, night sky so give color. 
           I chose this form of collage because, I like the sky best when night breaks out and New York because I thought it would be best to interpret how though people never stop and we may always think things need to be done in a deadline, the world never stops turning and even the sun needs a break half of the time. I hope for my image to show the life in the world as well as the rest and peace in space. The shooting star is supposed to represent hope, a wish yet to be made. I chose the overall color scheme to be a dark one yes but as well as a bright one. Though it may not be eye-catching to some because it is so dark, I believe that if it were to be any other color the same story wouldn’t be told nor would it be heard the same way.
This is my second project, based on a quote from Google, I chose a picture of a hand reaching out and gripping the other. As a sign of reassurance, so that if you reach for the moon -or a great achievement- even if you miss you will land on a star. By that the quote is talking about you will learn from you mistakes and will get a step closer to your greatest achievement.

Article Abstract Link:

1 comment:

  1. Images: I give you a 3 because you had your picture well and you can understand your picture but the thing is the part you put the City of New York look you just put it there but forgot to make look like a picture. But thing is your work is awesome and you have the best work I ever seen. When I saw you doing this work you work very hard. But I like how you did very thing but just that little thing. I like your picture a lot just work with that.

    Images Manipulation: I give you a 3 because when you saw how the building of New York City you can tell the lines on that part. But the rest of the work was great in every way, it look like its New York City in the future. But the work was good because you but every think look real. But you are doing very well. You had every think like you just took that picture. But it looks nice and it had lots of hard work in it.

    Collage: I give you a 5 because you were clear about you story. Because you have your picture if you seen the future and took a picture of it. It looks so cool of how you but every think because you work so hard on it. When I started to see your picture it looks good. The thing about your picture it is nice of sees moons, stars and New York City.

    Reflection: I give you a 5 because I understand everything. And it was nice how you said everything and your collage. And if any person who reads your reflection on your collage they would love reading your work. And you can understand what you are writing about and you can feel that you are reading it to them. But I love your work that’s why I gave you a 5 because wrote it well.

    ReplyDelete